The Ardentinny Archives: 2007 – Opening of the restored Arched Bridge

On Saturday, April, 7, 2007 the restored stone arched bridge over the river Finart was officially opened by Mrs. Mary Gray of Ardentinny. The earliest known reference to the existence of the bridge is the middle of the nineteenth century where it appears on the O.S. map of 1869 as "Stronvochlan Bridge". However, it is …

Another successful year for Ardentinny Community Trust

Ardentinny Community Trust (ACT) held its AGM on 7th January 2020 where it reported on another successful year. Trust Treasurer, Jean Urquhart presented end of year (2018-19) accounts which saw funds stand at £20,709.61, after having invested in an array of necessary fixtures and equipment. ACT Chair, Anna Williamson gave a report on the year’s …