The Ardentinny Archives: 2007 – Opening of the restored Arched Bridge

On Saturday, April, 7, 2007 the restored stone arched bridge over the river Finart was officially opened by Mrs. Mary Gray of Ardentinny. The earliest known reference to the existence of the bridge is the middle of the nineteenth century where it appears on the O.S. map of 1869 as "Stronvochlan Bridge". However, it is …

Ardentinny beach – the big clean-up (updated 13 August)

Discarded barbecues, pizza boxes, drinks cans and the associated rubbish of the modern camper deposited in a bright yellow skip, alongside overflowing bins, was the result of the hottest weekend so far this year at Ardentinny beach. Saturday and Sunday's warm weather brought with it an influx of overnight beach visitors complete with tents and …