Assisted by the multi-role vessel Mary M, historic tug Golden Cross reached its final destination off Ardentinny earlier today after a 650 mile voyage from Falmouth. Built by Scott and Sons at their Bowling yard in 1955, The 132 ton tug was in danger of being sold overseas or scrapped when a group of Argyll residents decided to rescue the vessel and bring her to Ardentinny. Over the winter the vessel was moored at Holy Loch Marina and latterly Roseneath.
More information on the Golden Cross project is available here.
Dunoon Observer article from 23 September, 2011 (PDF).
More images from today’s arrival.
Moorings preparation off Ardentinny on 16 April.