After the last Loch Long sailing of the season on Saturday 16 October, Friends of Blairmore Pier Trust Chairman, Captain Alistair McLundie, presented Waverley Purser Jim MacFadzean with an honorary Trust membership to mark his retirement. Jim, who leaves the Waverley after some 23 years, will be sadly missed by all the regulars. We wish him well.
This weekend Blairmore Village Trust held an exhibition and consultation event in their village hall. The rationale was to consult on a wide variety of issues, i.e.,
– regular ferry service between Blairmore, Helensburgh. Gourock and Kilcreggan
– regular ferry service between Blairmore and Arrochar
– safe facilities for small boats to gain access to Blairmore
– a network of interesting way-marked walks
– inspiring art within the landscape of the shore and/or woodland
– creation of outdoor activity for children
– establishment of an all-year cafe/bar
– landscaping of Blairmore Green
– improved parking within the village centre
– re-establishment of Blairmore House as a hotel and corporate venue
– adoption of the High Road
– re-establishment of market garden on the High Road
– implementation of a ‘Destination Development Strategy’
Is it time for Ardentinny to re-visit its vision for our village? Perhaps an item for discussion at the forthcoming Community Council AGM on 6th April.