HMS Armadillo – 1940’s

We are grateful to Griffin Turton who has provided us with a couple of photographs related to HMS Armadillo (Glenfinart Bay). The photographs were most likely taken during the 1940’s and are from
The Beachhead Commandos by a Cecil Hampshire, published by William Kimber & Co Ltd in 1983. The last of the metal long huts shown in the photograph was demolished by Forestry Commission Scotland in 2011.

longhut

HMS Armadillo – 1940’s.

glenhse1940s

Glenfinart House which was used as naval HQ during second world war.

Share
    Related Posts

Leave a comment